Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
from The Cookie Dough Lover’s Cookbook
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
chocolate candy coating
popsicle sticks, cut in half (use kitchen scissors to make a clean, smooth cut)
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars with an electric mixer until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- Mix in milk and vanilla.
- Add flour and salt and mix on low until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Chill dough in refrigerator for about 30 minutes until firm enough to roll or scoop into 1-inch balls.
- Place rolled balls on a wax paper lined baking sheet and place in the freezer for at least 15 minutes. (I had mine in for about an hour so longer is okay, too)
- Melt candy coating following instructions on the package. Remove a couple of balls from the freezer at a time and insert the cut stick into the ball. Dip in candy coating and let any excess fall off back into the bowl.
- Add small sprinkles on top and place on wax paper to set. If the chocolate pools at the bottom of the ball, dot the balls on the wax paper until most of it is pulled off the ball and then place it on a clean spot of the wax paper to set.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to a week.